Basically a Viking!
Growing up with the last name Cuqua, as I’m sure you can imagine, has brought up lots of questions. The most common, “Wow, I’ve never heard a last name like that before, where is it from?” For years, I told people I was French Canadian, sometimes I’d say I was Indian. “Not Indian enough to get free college, but just a little bit” HA! That’s not true Taylor? (I have no clue where I got that from).
One day, I decided I was done with wondering and simply making up my heritage, so I looked into a DNA test. There are tons of tests out there, but this one had the best reviews. It’ll cost you about $100, but if you’re like me and want an answer, totally worth it. I put the step by step on how to take the actual test below. It’s super easy.
Now onto the good stuff…after taking my Ancestry DNA test …..I finally got some answers back….Drum roll please……I’m basically a Viking! And I’m cool with that, Vikings are dope!
I did a little research on my fellow Viking ancestors and this is what I’ve found;
- They Didn’t Wear those Cool Horned Helmets – Whatever, my ancestors probably did.
- They Buried their Dead in Boats – Weird, but what ever floats your boat…get it? lol
- They Loved to Keep Themselves Clean and Tidy –Me too!!
- They Liked to Ski for Fun – Me too!!
- Viking Women Had Basic Rights – Better than nothing!
- They Used Urine to Start Fires – Interesting technique..
- They Took Part in Human Trafficking – Frowned upon now-a-days
- Viking Men Often Dyed their Hair – Me too!!!
Step by Step:
Besides being a viking, I’ve got a little bit of everything in Europe. But the most important take away from this is the fact that I’m basically a viking lol. If you’re at all curious like I was, I suggest you try the test. Start with building a family tree on Ancestry.com, it’s actually pretty fun! I was able to find pictures of my great, great, great, great Grandparents!!!
Has anyone else tried this?? If so, I want to hear about your experience!
Leave it in the comment sections below!