Loving these Skin Care Products!
Alright, so after I got back from Florida my skin started freaking out. I was washing my face every morning and every night, yet waking up with new pimples and weird bumps every day! As I’m sure you guys can relate, it’s super frustrating. Especially if you have skin like mine, I hardly ever have a bad break out. Unless of course, I’m eating terribly that week or something. I decided it was time to switch up my face wash products. After some research and reading reviews, I decided to give the Dermalogica products a try.
I’m not gonna bore you guys with a long list of details of each individual product, instead I’ll just fill you guys in on my absolute favorites. I’ve only been using these for about 2 weeks, however, I swear even after day one, I could noticeably tell a difference.
Let’s get into it, Shall we?
1) The Daily Microfoliant is the bommmmb. It’s gentle enough to use on a daily basis and I’ve also never used a microfoliant that comes in powder form like this. So that’s cool? lol
Easy to use: Just dispense about a half teaspoon of powder into wet hands, start rubbing your hands together to create a creamy paste. In circular motions, apply all over your face. Don’t get it in your eyes (obviously). Massage gently for about one minute, then rinse off.
2) The Antioxidant Hydramist is a convenient mist-on formula supplement. If you have dry skin, this is definitely for you. Spray it all over your face in the morning (and throughout the day) to keep your skin hydrated. The amount of peptides, vitamin C, green tea, and water-binding agents in the ingredients is pretty impressive. Oh! And I also love how you can spray it OVER your makeup too!!
After washing, all you do is spray this directly onto your face and neck. Don’t spray it in your eyes, but should you chose to, let me know how that feels. (that’s a joke. don’t spray it in your eyes)
3) I am totally a sucker for face masques. I always love how my skin looks/feels right after washing one off. But normally, I find that look/feel will go away within a few hours. The Charcoal Rescue Masque is seriously my jam. Like I’m obsessed. Every time I use it I’m like, “look Ryan, doesn’t my skin look nice? Don’t touch my face, but look how smooth it is.”
The masque is an all-in-one treatment that instantly detoxifies troubled skin. It helps remove build-up and stimulate cellular turnover, which is why your skin will have this glowing healthy look afterwards. And I stand by the fact that IT REALLY DOES WHAT IT SAYS IT DOES!! Love this stuff!
Apply after cleansing to bring life back after any skin dullness, redness and congested pores.
4) This is not an everyday masque, I look at it more like a helping agent to prevent future breakouts. The Sebum Clearing Masque is a MUST. When you put it on it feels nice and cool on your skin and maybe I’m crazy, but you can really feel that it’s doing its job and deep-cleaning. It purifys your skin, and absorb excess oil. (which is nice)
Apply a smooth layer to a clean face and throat (avoiding the eye area) give or take about three times per week. I leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse it thoroughly with warm water.
5) Like I mentioned in the beginning, I have only been using all of these products for about a week, so I can’t really comment on the long-term effectiveness yet, but I can say, I’ve used PLENTY of other mattifying agents before and not many come close to the Clearing Mattifier. When it comes to keeping oiliness down, it gets the job done and keeps a matte look. I wouldn’t say it blurs lines and pores all too well, but definitely keeps you from looking shiny.
The directions say to “cleanse the skin thoroughly before applying. Cover entire affected area with a thin layer one or two times daily. If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day. Can be used under makeup, or alone in oily-prone areas, to reduce oily shine.”
6) Very similar, but also different than the clearing mattifier is the Hydrablur Primer I’m a BIG fan. I usually use the benefit primer and I love it, but I’ve come to notice by the middle of the day, my face always looks shiny, and I don’t like that. The Hydra Blur primer definitely reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines without drying you out. It has a nice silky finish to it and I love how it hydrates your skin without ever looking greasy.
After moisturizing, just smooth and blend over entire face and throat. I’ve worn it alone, and under make-up and I have zero complaints thus far.
Before I sign off, I just wanted to take a second and let you guys know that I am NOT being paid to write about Dermalogics. I’ve gotten a couple emails along the lines of, “blog about something you’re not actually being paid for, for once.” I am not blogging strictly for the money, I write these posts because I enjoy doing so, and hope to inspire some of you! Rant over. I love you guys! So thanks for reading <3
Shop them here if you’re looking for some fresh products yourself!